|Photo: Don & Dana McEwan|
Here’s the cat 3 race recap from Saturday’s race at New Gloucester:
- Dudes were fast
- I managed 58/65. I rode really f*cking hard.
- Guys would crash, I would pass them, and then laps later, they would come back as zombies and pass me
- I raced a Geekhouse guy the entire time, and he kept multiplying like water on a mogwai and then there were three of them.
- Eventually it became clear that it was just me and Geekhouse guy near the back and no one else in sight. I sat on his wheel for laps. Rather than pass him when I had the chances, I sat in and waited for the last lap.
- On the last lap, he picked it up and gapped me because I’m not sneaking up on anyone because every time I shift it sounds like dropping silverware because I refuse to change my 8 year old cassette
- I bought used tires from Carl Ring. He’s cool.
- I got an iced cafe mocha – that is a dangerous thing by the way. But damn good.
- Strap in, we’re going to a bad place now.
- You may want to stop reading here.
- Oh and so I learned that the winner of my race turned lap times that would have placed him 13th in the elite field. You sandbagging motherf*cker. I don’t care how talented you are. I hate you.
- People like you are the reason I beat the shit out of myself for placing so poorly in spite of racing my guts out. Again, I hate you, and I hate everyone like you doing the same exact thing. Cat up and be a man about it.
- UGH, and now that I looked you up on crossresults, I f*cking hate you even more. You could have catted up LONG ago. But you didn’t. You jumped in a 1/2/3/Pro field, got shelled, and never went back again. Holy CRAP I hate you. If you had a shred of integrity you’d be doing what I’m doing, racing out of your comfort zone. And you wouldn’t even be out of your element if you cat’d up. What, the f*ck.
- I mean, are you just greedy? Do you need the money or something? I doubt that could be true, but I’ll leave the door open on this anyway, just for shits because at this point I’m just punchy.
- You basically have FIVE TIMES the number of points necessary to upgrade. The system is straight up F*CKED because this is allowed to happen. So what’s the point then. Why even keep track of anything then. There’s no WAY I’m the only one who feels this way.
- I hope you’re happy – I’m notch #57 under your belt today. Sit back and bask in the pride. It’s umbrella drink time.